As the RFI Manager on your project (see What is the RFI Manager role?), you might be responsible for reviewing all of the 'Draft' RFIs that have been created by other users on the project. As the RFI Manager, it may also be your responsibility to ensure that all the information in the request is accurate and legible, as well as to ensure that the RFI is assigned to the appropriate project resources. On occasion, you may discover that an RFI that has been assigned to another individual should actually be assigned to you. When this occurs, you can change assign the RFI to yourself and then submit a reply. You can also mark your reply as the official response while you are in 'Draft' mode. Once you mark the response official, you can quickly change the status of the RFI to open and then close the RFI. The system will notify all of the users associated with the RFI about your response (i.e., any assignees, the person on the Received From field, and members of the RFIs distribution list).
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
This reveals the RFIs page.
- Locate the draft that you want to review in 'Draft' RFI in the list.
- Click Edit.
This places the RFI in edit mode.
- Scroll to the Assigned To field. Then select your name.
- Click Update.
This changes the Ball In Court responsibility to your court.
- Scroll to the Reply field and enter your response.
- Click Reply.
- Place a checkmark in the 'Official Response' box. This will allow the 'Creator' of the RFI to see your response.
- Remove the checkmark from the Draft box.
The system assigns the RFI the next available number.
- Click Update.
- Click Close RFI.