If you're an account owner of Procore, you will want to make sure to specify which people in your Directory are employees of your company.
Why is this important? It's important to specify when Procore users are employees of your company. This ensures that various Procore tools restrict available options to your employees. Employee data is also used by Procore to populate certain drop-down lists with the names of your company's employees. These lists are also available as filters for refining data in some reports.
Some examples of Procore Tools that use employee data:
- Crews. Creating a crew in the Crews tool provides Procore users with the ability add time entries for employees in the Daily Log, Timecard, and Timesheets tools.
- My Time. Allows your company's employees to see My Time as an option for logging time worked on projects when the Timesheets tool is enabled in your environment. See Clock Your Time (Android) and Clock Your Time (iOS).
- Navigate to the Project or Company level Directory tool.
- Click Edit next to the person you want to add as an employee.
- Scroll down and mark the checkbox next to Is Employee Of [Your company]?
- Click Save at the bottom.
Note: If you want to add time entries for people in the Timesheets tool who are not in your Directory, see Add a Worker.