To grant a user the privilege to add new projects to your company's Procore account.
Typically, your company designates a single individual to as your company's Procore Administrator. Typically, this person is responsible for adding new construction projects to your Company Portfolio (a.k.a., a list of your company's projects in Procore). In some organizations, your Procore Administrator may want to delegate the authority for creating projects to a trusted individual. To accommodate this need, a user with 'Admin' level permission to the Company Directory can use the steps below to grant one or more user(s) the privilege to create new projects. This makes the Portfolio tool's 'Create Project' button available to that user.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Directory tool.
- Additional Information:
- The privilege to create new new projects in your company's Procore account can be granted to any user in the Company level Directory. This privilege makes the "Add New Project" button visible and available to the user in the Portfolio tool. It does not affect the other Company level permissions set for the user in the "Company Permissions" area of their user profile.
- Users granted this privilege will automatically be granted 'Admin' level permissions to all of the Project level tools set as active tabs in the projects they create.
Image content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
Grant a User the 'Create New Project' Privilege
- Navigate to the Company level Directory tool.
- Locate the user's profile. Then click Edit.
- Scroll down to the 'Project Settings' area.
- Under the New Project Settings area, mark the Allow [User Name] to Create New Projects. [User Name] will have full administrative access to any projects that they create checkbox.
ImportantAny user who is granted the 'Create New Project' privilege will be automatically given 'Admin' level permissions on all Project level tools in every project that they create. If the user has a default permission template configured, their default permission template will only be assigned to the user when they are added to a project created by another user in your company's account.