In BetaThis page details functionality that is not available in Procore's production environment. Access to the features documented here is limited to specific Procore customers who have signed the required agreement to participate in Procore's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Beta Program. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. All information and content on this page is subject to change without any prior notice.
In Procore's WBS, there is is a default segment named 'Cost Code' that is available in the 'Segments' table of the Company Admin tool. This segment contains individual segment items, commonly known as cost codes. A cost code is a series of alphanumeric characters used to represent the different labor and material costs for a specific type work being performed on the job. Your cost codes are used to manage the dollar amounts and quantities on a project's budget.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- The 'Cost Codes' segment is a required segment on both the Company and Project level budget code structure.
- The 'Cost Codes' segment is a tiered segment that is available in Procore by default.
- In a tiered segment, duplicate entries in the 'Code' field are NOT permitted when the segment items are children of the same parent segment.
- There is no limit on the number of tiers you can create in the 'Cost Codes' segment.
- There is no limit on the number of segment items (or individual cost codes) you can add to each tier.
- Duplicate entries in the 'Code' field are NOT permitted. Entries in the 'Code' field for each segment item must be unique.
- There are no character limits or other limitations on entries in the 'Description' field.
- You cannot use a drag-and-drop operation to move cost codes from one segment to another.
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool: Show/Hide
- Custom Segments are NOT supported with the ERP Integrations tool.
- Your company must be licensed for Procore's Project Financials tools.
- You must be a beta program participant for Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Company Settings', click the Work Breakdown Structure link.
- In the 'Segments' table, click the 'Cost Codes' segment.
- In the tree structure on the left side of the page, highlight the root folder named Cost Codes.
- To add cost codes to the 'Cost Codes' tree, navigate to the parent branch where you want to add the new child code.
- Click the Add Items button.
- Complete this data entry:
- Code. Enter a unique alphanumeric code for the segment item. In this example, we are creating tiered cost codes to align to Procore's default cost code list which aligns with the CIS MasterFormat, so we will enter: 012000
- Description. Enter a description of the segment item. In this example, we are creating tiered cost codes to align to Procore's default cost code list which aligns with the CIS MasterFormat, so we will enter: Furnishing
- Repeat the steps above for every tier and all the cost codes that you want to add to the segment.