To edit punch an item in the Punch List tool.
In the Punch List tool, you can edit an item's general information, add comments, add related items (such as a document or RFI), or send emails.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Punch List tool.
Note: 'Standard' level users can only edit punch list items they have created.
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- Click Edit next to the item you want to edit.
This reveals the item's general information.
- Click into a field to change the relevant information. For more information on these fields and their descriptions, see "Create a Punch List Item" in the See Also section below.
- Click Save.
In the Comments section, you can include any additional comments; other users with access to the punch list item will be able to view any added comments. To add a comment to a punch list item, follow the steps below:
- Click into the text field.
- Enter the desired comment.
- Click Post Comment.
Add Related Items
In the Related Items tab, you can associate related items that exist in other tools in your project. To add a related item, follow the steps below:
- Select an item type from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select a specific item in the Description column.
- Enter any additional notes to describe how the items are related.
- Click +Add.
- Click Save.
In the Emails section, you can click New Email to create a new email notification that includes the punch list item's details. You can then send this information to specific contacts in your project's directory. For more information on emailing punch list items, see "Email a Punch List Item" in the See Also section below.
This log tracks any changes made to the item, including the date of the change and the person who made the change.