To edit an item in the Punch List tool.
In the Punch List tool, you can edit an item's general information, add comments, add related items (such as a document or RFI), or send emails.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Punch List tool.
Note: 'Standard' level users can only edit Punch Listt items they have created.
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- Click Edit next to the item you want to edit.
This reveals the item's general information.
- Click into a field to change the relevant information. For more information on Punch List item fields, see Create a Punch List Item.
- Click Save.
In the Comments section, you can add any additional comments to the item by typing into the text field and clicking Post Comment. Other users with access to the Punch List item will be able to view any comments you have added.
In the Related Items tab, you can associate related items that exist in other tools in your project. To add a related item, follow the steps below:
- Select an item type from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select a specific item in the Description column.
- Enter any additional notes to describe how the items are related.
- Click +Add.
- Click Save.
In the Emails section, you can click New Email to create a new email notification that includes the Punch List item's details. You can then send this information to specific contacts in your project's directory. For more information on emailing Punch List items, see Email a Punch List Item.
This log tracks any changes made to the item, including the date of the change and the person who made the change.