To create a Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO).
In Procore, a Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO) is a change order that affects the prime contract. In a two-tier change order setup, it typically consists of a bundle of Potential Change Orders (PCOs) that must be approved by the owner. In a three-tier change order setup, it typically consists of a bundle of Change Order Requests (CORs) that must be approved by the owner. See What are the different change order tiers?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- If you are using an account where DocuSign is enabled, see Create a Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO) with DocuSign instead of the instructions below.
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contract tool.
This reveals the Prime Contract page.
- Click Create Prime Contract CO.
This reveals the New Prime Contract Change Order page.
- Fill in the following fields:
- #: This field automatically populates based on the number of PCCOs already created. By default, the number will automatically increment by one. However, you can manually enter a different number, if desired. (Note: If you manually enter a number, the next PCCO that's created will automatically increment by one, based upon this specified value.)
- Date Created: This field displays the date and time that the PCCO was created. (Note: This value cannot be changed).
- Revision: This field displays the PCCO's revision number. When a PCCO is first created, its revision number is zero. A PCCO could have multiple revisions because of feedback from a reviewer/approver.
- Created By: This field displays the name of the user that created the PCCO.
- Title: Enter a title name for the PCCO that describes the packaged COR requests included.
- Status: Select the current state of the PCCO:
- Approved: The PCCO has been approved. Costs are reflected as "Approved Changes" in the budget.
- Draft: The PCCO still needs to be modified before it can be submitted for review. Costs are not reflected in the budget.
- Pending - In Review: The PCCO is currently being reviewed by an approver. Costs are reflected as "Pending Changes" in the budget.
- Pending - Revised: The PCCO has been modified since its initial submission. Costs are reflected as "Pending Changes" in the budget.
- Pending - Pricing: The PCCO is pending and is currently out for pricing. Costs are reflected as "Pending Changes" in the budget.
- Pending - Not Pricing: The PCCO is pending and is not actively being priced. Costs are reflected as "Pending Changes" in the budget.
- Pending - Proceeding: The PCCO is still pending and the work is being completed. Costs are reflected as "Pending Changes" in the budget.
- Pending - Not Proceeding: The PCCO is pending and the work is not currently taking place. Costs are reflected as "Pending Changes" in the budget.
- Rejected: The PCCO was rejected. Costs are not reflected in the Budget.
- No Charge: The PCCO will be performed at no charge. Costs are not reflected in the Budget.
- Note: These statuses reflect the budget in the ways listed above for the Procore Standard Budget View. To create or modify views, see Set up a New Budget View.
- Private: Check this box if you want to make the PCCO private and visible only to users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Prime Contract tab.
- Due Date: Select a due date for when the PCCO must be approved by.
- Invoiced Date: Select the date when the PCCO was invoiced.
- Designated Reviewer: Select a designated reviewer to approve the PCCO. See Review and Approve/Reject Prime Contract Change Orders (PCCO).
- Paid Date: Select the date that payment was received for the PCCO.
- Reviewer: This field is auto-populated after the designated reviewer reviews or approves the PCCO.
- Description: Enter a more detailed description of the PCCO.
- Schedule Impact: If known, you can provide an estimate of the number of additional days that would potentially be added to the current project schedule if the PCCO were approved.
- Revised Substantial Completion Date: Enter a revised substantial completion date. The Prime Contract substantial completion date will be updated once the PCCO has a status of "Approved." You will only see this field if you have enabled it in your Prime Contract's configuration. See Configure Settings: Prime Contract.
- Executed: Check this box if the PCCO has already been executed.
- Change Order Requests: Select change order requests from the drop-down to include in the PCCO if you are using 3-tier change orders.
- Potential Change Orders: Select potential change orders from the drop-down to include in the PCCO if you are using 2-tier change orders.
- Click Create.
Note: In order for anyone to receive a notification, you must click Create & Email.