To create a change event from an Observation.
Creating a change event allows you to prepare for the cost of a change before it becomes an actual cost. For example, if a project manager is anticipating the need to change the paint colors of a project, he or she can start preparing for that cost by creating a change event, which describes the estimated financial cost of the change, as well as which cost codes will be affected. After creating a change event, they can then create an RFQ (Request for Quote), which is sent to the appropriate subcontractors for pricing. When RFQs are created and responded to by the assigned subcontractors, change orders can then be created based upon the submitted quote.
Things to Consider
Required User Permissions
- 'Standard' or higher on the project's Change Events tool
- 'Standard' or higher on the project's Observations tool.
- Navigate to your project's Observations tool.
- In the Items view, locate the desired Observation in the list.
- Click View.
This opens the Observation in view mode.
- Click + Create Change Event to launch the project's Change Events tool and open the New Change Event page.
- Continue with the steps in Create a Change Event.