To set or release retainage for all line items in an invoice.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- If you want to set the same percentage of retainage on all line items in an invoice, you can easily enter in a value that will be applied to all line items in the invoice. Similarly, if you want to release retainage on all line items, you can enter a value that will then be applied to all line items, which will move a desired percentage from the "Currently Retained" column to the "Released This Period" column.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Under the Owner sub-tab, select the prime contract that you want to work with.
- Click the Invoices sub tab.
- Click Edit next to the Invoice you want to set or release retainage for.
- Click the Detail subtab.
- Click the Edit button. Enter the percentage you either want to set or release. Depending on where you are in the project, you will release a certain amount (e.g. if you are halfway through your project and want to release 50% of retainage, enter 50 in the Work Completed in the Release Retainage on All Items box).
- Once you click the Set or Release button, those values will be applied to all line items in the invoice.
If you would like to learn more about Procore’s invoice management software and how it can help your business, please visit our construction invoice management software product page here.