To perform an inspection.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Inspections tool.
- To save time, use the Tab and Enter keys on your keyboard to switch between sections and buttons. When you hit tab, it will save your input and move to the next section or button. When you hit Enter, it will activate the button you are on.
- Navigate to your project's Inspections tool.
- Click View next to the inspection you wish to perform. (Note: You will notice a number after the title of your inspection. This number denotes the number of the type inspection you are performing. For example, if you have 7 inspections in Windows inspections, and you wish to create and perform another windows inspection, you will see 'Windows #8' as the title of the inspection for organizational purposes.)
- Scroll down to your first section. As you perform your inspection, mark the items/sections according to its accompanying response option.
- If you're performing an inspection that includes a section that is no longer applicable to the project, toggle the Mark section as N/A on to mark all inspection items in that section as N/A. Any previously marked inspection items in that section will be overridden with N/A, and the section will be collapsed. Expand the section again be clicking the caret on the right, or turn off the toggle by clicking it again. This will give the items in the section no status, and the history will reflect the status changes.
- When you mark something as Fail or At Risk, you can add a comment that explains your response. You can also attach any related documents or photos, as necessary.
(Note: Any changes you make to this page will be automatically saved.)
- As you perform the inspection, the percentages at the top of the page will tell you how many of your items correspond to the response categories 'Compliant,' 'Deficient,' 'N/A,' or 'Uninspected.'