To create an inspections template at your Company level for use in all of your Project level inspections.
Creating Inspections templates at the Company level allows you to easily use the same or similar templates across your projects without having to remake them each time. You can always make a new inspection template at your Project level, or you can modify an existing Company level template to for your project's unique needs. However, new templates and changes made to existing templates at the Project level will not sync to the Company level, and are therefore not useable outside of that project.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Inspections tool.
- Although you can create new inspection templates at the Project level, you can not add any inspection templates made at the Project level to another project in your company. For this reason, the best practice to manage your Inspections in Procore is to create inspection templates at the Company level to use at the Project level and modify those templates for each of your project's needs.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the Company level Inspections tool.
- Click Create New Template.
Note: You can also Clone an Existing Company Level Inspection Template.
This reveals the New Inspection Template page.
- Under General Information, enter the following information:
- Name: Title your inspection. This will show up on your inspections log page and will help you differentiate between your inspections within your project. This is a required field.
- Type: Choose from the list of inspection types added to the company (e.g. Safety). (Note: If you have not added inspection types to your project, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company level Inspections. You will need to have 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.)
- Trade: (optional) Give your inspection a trade (e.g. Electrical, plumbing). (Note: Your company's trade list can be managed at your Company level's Admin tab under 'Trade Configuration.)
- Description: (optional) Include any relevant details about the inspection.
- Attachments. Attach any relevant files to the templates by clicking Attach Files.
Note: If you try to create an inspection template without a name or with a name that already exists, there will be an error message details the reason. You can create an inspection with the same name as one in the Recycle Bin, but once you name it the same, you cannot restore a template in the Recycle Bin without first editing an inspection template to change the name.)
- Select the desired Standard Response Phrasing from the following options:
Note: The response phrasing you select will apply to ALL items in this template, including items in previous inspections created from this template.
- 'Pass' and 'Fail': Select this set to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Pass' and 'Fail' when performing the inspection.
- 'Safe' and 'At Risk': Select this set to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Safe' and 'At Risk' when performing the inspection.
- Add sections and items to your inspection as follows:
- + Add section: Click this link to add a section to your inspection template. Fill in the field with the title of your section. When you are done, simply click out of the section.
- + Add item: Click this link to add an item under your current section.
Note: You can drag and drop items in any order you wish after you make more than one.
- Inspection item details can be added at the Project level.
- + Quick Add Item(s): See What is Inspection Template Item Quick Add?
- After adding your first section, press the TAB key on your keyboard to save the current section and add a new one below it. Use the Enter key to save the current item you're on and add an item below it.
Note: You can delete any section or item by clicking the "x" to the right of each section. You can reorder individual items within a section or you can reorder whole sections of your template by dragging your item/section by the icon with three horizontal lines.
- When you are done with your inspections template, click Create.