To edit a Company level inspection template.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- Users with the appropriate permissions on the Project level Inspections tool can add sections and items and can edit certain fields in Company level inspection templates that have been added to the project. See Edit a Project Level Inspection Template.
- Editing an inspection template at the Company level will only change future inspections created from the template and will not change any existing inspections created from the template.
- Editing an inspection template at the Company level will automatically update any Project level versions of the template.
- Navigate to the Company level Inspections tool.
- Locate the template and click Edit.
- Choose from these editing options:
- To modify a field, click on any of the editable fields and either type over the existing entry or select a different entry from the drop-down list.
- To change the Default Response Phrasing, click the desired response set.
Note: The response phrasing you select will apply to ALL items in this template, including items in previous inspections created from this template.
- To add or edit an item's response type, in the Response Types dropdown menu, select one of the following options:
- Default: Users can respond to items by selecting Pass/Safe, Fail/At Risk, or N/A.
- Number: Users can respond to items in the form of any positive or negative number up to 15 characters.
- Text: Users can respond to items with free-form text. There is no character limit to text responses.
- Date: Users can respond to items by adding an appropriate date.
- Custom Response: Add an existing custom response set you want to associate with the item. See Create a Custom Response Set for Inspections.
- To delete a template item, click the 'x' to the right of the item heading.
- To delete a template section, click the 'x' to the right of the section heading. Click Delete to confirm your decision to delete the section.
- To add an item, click into the 'Enter item description' field below the section's last inspection item.
- To add a Section, click + Add section to add a section to your inspection template. Enter a title for your section. When you are done, simply click out of the section.
Note: You can use a drag-and-drop operation to reorder items in an inspections section.
- Click Update to save your changes.