To edit a Company level inspection template.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- Users with the appropriate permissions on the Project level Inspections tool can add sections and items and can edit certain fields in Company level inspection templates that have been added to the project. See Edit a Project Level Inspection Template.
- Editing an inspection template at the Company level will only change future inspections created from the template and will not change any existing inspections created from the template.
- Editing an inspection template at the Company level will automatically update any Project level versions of the template.
- Navigate to the Company level Inspections tool.
- Locate the template and click Edit.
- Choose from these editing options:
- To modify a field, click on any editable field and type over the existing entry or select a different one from the field list.
- To add or edit an individual item's response type, select a response type from the Response Type menu.
Add or edit a response type for multiple items by following these steps:
- Mark the checkboxes next to the items to update.
- Click Edit Response Type.
- Select the response type from the Response Type menu.
- Click Apply.
- To delete a template section or item, click the trash bin icon to the right of the item heading.
- Click Update to confirm your decision to delete the section.
- To add sections or items to your inspection, do the following:
- + Add section
- + Add item
- + Quick Add: See What is Inspection Template Item Quick Add?
Note: You can reorder individual items within a section of your template by dragging your item with the reorder icon. To reorder an entire section, click the toggle on icon next to Reorder Sections and drag the sections of your choice. Turn off Reorder Sections to continue editing your template.
- Click Update to save your changes.