To edit an inspections template at your Project level for use in one project's Inspections tool.
Creating Inspections templates at the Project level allows you to easily use the same or similar templates across your project without having to remake them each time. These templates will not be available at the Company level, and you cannot reuse them on other projects in your account, however. If you would like to create a template that you can reuse on multiple projects, Create a Company Level Inspection Template. Furthermore, you can always modify an existing Company level template to fit your project's unique needs.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level Inspections tool.
- When editing a company template at the Project level, additional project level information can be added to the template. This includes project level Description, Attachments, Sections, and Inspection Items. Project level information is not synced with the Company level template.
- Multiple choice inspection response sets can only be added to templates at the company level. See Add Multiple choice response sets to a Company level Inspections Template.
- Navigate to the Project level Inspections tool.
- Click Configure inspection settings.
This reveals the Project Inspection Template page.
- Click Edit next to the inspection template that you want to edit.
- Under General Information, edit any of the following:
- Name: Title your inspection. This will show up on your inspections log page and will help you differentiate between your inspections within your project. This is a required field.
- Type: Choose from the list of inspection types added to the company (e.g. Safety). (Note: If you have not added inspection types to your project, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Inspections. You will need to have 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.)
- Trade: (optional) Give your inspection a trade (e.g. Electrical, plumbing). (Note: Your company's trade list can be managed at your company level's Admin tab under 'Trade Configuration.)
- Description: (optional) Include any relevant details about the inspection.
- Attachments. Attach any relevant files to the templates by clicking Attach Files.
Note: If you try to create an inspection template without a name or with a name that already exists, there will be an error message details the reason. You can create an inspection with the same name as one in the Recycle Bin, but once you name it the same, you cannot restore a template in the Recycle Bin without first editing an inspection template to change the name.)
- Select the desired Standard Response Phrasing from the following options:
Note: The response phrasing you select will apply to ALL items in this template, including items in previous inspections created from this template.
- 'Pass' and 'Fail': Select this set to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Pass' and 'Fail' when performing the inspection.
- 'Safe' and 'At Risk': Select this set to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Safe' and 'At Risk' when performing the inspection.
- Add sections and items to your inspection as follows:
- + Add section: Click this link to add a section to your inspection template. Fill in the field with the title of your section. When you are done, simply click out of the section.
- + Add item: Click this link to add an item under your current section.
Note: You can drag and drop items in any order you wish after you make more than one.
- + Add Item Details: Click the details field under an inspection item. Add relevant details as needed.
Note: This field only exists at the Project level.
- After adding your first section, press the TAB key on your keyboard to save the current section and add a new one below it. Use the Enter key to save the current item you're on and add an item below it.
Note: You can delete any section or item by clicking the x to the right of each section. You can reorder individual items within a section or you can reorder whole sections of your template by dragging your item/section by the icon with three horizontal lines.
Note: You will not be able to delete any fields that is created at the Company level.
- When you are done with your inspections template, click Create.