To edit an inspection template in the Project level Inspections tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- When editing a Company level inspection template in the Project level Inspections tool, only certain fields are editable.
- Information on a Company level inspection template that is updated in the Project level is not synced with the source Company level inspection template.
- Multiple response sets can only be added to templates at the Company level. See Add Multiple Response Sets to a Company Level Inspections Template.
- Navigate to the Project level Inspections tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click Templates.
- Click Edit next to the inspection template that you want to edit.
Note: An icon indicates a Company level Inspection template has been added to the project.
- Under 'General Information', edit the following fields:
Note: If the template you are editing is a Company level Inspection template, certain fields cannot be edited in the Project level Inspections tool. These fields are indicated by an icon.
- Name : Title your inspection. This will show up on your inspections log page and will help you differentiate between your inspections within your project. This is a required field.
- Type : Choose from the list of inspection types added to the company (e.g. Safety). (Note: If you have not added inspection types to your project, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Inspections. You will need to have 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.)
- Trade (Optional): Give your inspection a trade (e.g. Electrical, plumbing). (Note: Your company's trade list can be managed at your company level's Admin tab under 'Trade Configuration.)
- Company Description : Company level Inspection templates may include a separate description.
- Description (Optional): Include any relevant details about the inspection.
- Attachments: Attach any relevant files to the templates by clicking Attach Files.
Note: If you try to create an inspection template without a name or with a name that already exists, there will be an error message details the reason. You can create an inspection with the same name as one in the Recycle Bin, but once you name it the same, you cannot restore a template in the Recycle Bin without first editing an inspection template to change the name.
- Select the desired Standard Response Phrasing from the following options:
- The Standard Response Phrasing cannot be edited on Company level inspection templates in the Project level Inspections tool.
- The response phrasing you select will apply to ALL items in this template, including items in previous inspections created from this template.
- Pass and Fail: Select this setting to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Pass' and 'Fail' when performing the inspection.
- Safe and At Risk: Select this setting to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Safe' and 'At Risk' when performing the inspection.
- To edit existing sections and items on the template, hover your cursor over the field you want to edit and click on the pencil icon that appears.
Note: Existing sections and items cannot be edited on Company level inspection templates in the Project level Inspections tool.
- To add new sections and items to your inspection template:
- Click +Add Section to add a section to your inspection template. Fill in the field with the title of your section. When you are done, click out of the section or press ESC on your keyboard.
- Click +Add Item to add an item under your current section.
Note: You can drag and drop items in any order you wish after you make more than one.
- Add Item Details: Hover your cursor below the item name and click the pencil icon that displays to add any additional details to the item.
Note: This field only exists at the Project level.
- Select a response type for the inspection items. Choose from the following options:
- Default: Users can respond to items by selecting Pass/Safe, Fail/At Risk, or N/A.
- Number: Users can respond to items in the form of any positive or negative number up to 15 characters.
- Text: Users can respond to items with free-form text. There is no character limit to text responses.
- Date: Users can respond to items by adding an appropriate date.
- Multiple Response Set: Users can respond using options specific to the multiple response sets created for your company. See Create a Multiple Response Set for Inspections.
- After adding your first section, press TAB on your keyboard to save the current section and add a new one below it. Use the Enter key to save the current item you're on and add an item below it.
Note: You can delete any section or item by clicking the x to the right of each section. You can reorder individual items within a section or you can reorder whole sections of your template by dragging your item/section by the icon with three horizontal lines. You will not be able to delete any fields that are created at the Company level.
- Click Update when you are finished updating your inspection template.