To edit basic information about an inspection checklist such as the status, trade, inspection date, and so on.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To edit any inspection in the project, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Inspections tool.
- To edit the inspections you created, 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can only edit data in the 'General Information' and 'Inspection Details' sections of an inspection.
- When editing an inspection, you cannot edit the graded values of any inspection items. For example, you cannot change an item's grade from Y to N.
- You cannot change the name of the inspection. An inspection's name is inherited from the inspection template's name.
- You cannot add sections or items to an inspection. You can only add a new section by editing an inspection template.
Note: Click Edit next to an inspection template in your 'Configure inspection settings...' page.
- Important! Reopening an inspection that was previously marked as 'Closed' will delete the item's signatures.
- Navigate to the project's Inspections tool.
- You can edit an inspection's information inline from the List view or the inspection's Edit page.
- Inline edit:
- Locate the inspection you want to edit.
- Click into an editable field to edit the information.
Note: The changes will automatically be saved.
- Edit page:
- Click Edit next to the inspection you want to edit.
- Click into an editable field to edit the selection.
- Click Update to save any changes.
- Inline edit: