Limited ReleaseThe Funding tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States who have implemented the Procore for Owners point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What tool names and terms are different in Procore for general contractors, owners, and specialty contractors?
To create a Funding Change Order (FCO).
Use the steps below when you want to create a change order for a funding.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Funding tool.
- Additional Information:
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool: Show/Hide
- Not all ERP integrations support the sync of change orders. For those that do, requirements, limitations, and considerations vary depending on the ERP system your company's Procore account is integrated with. See Things to Know About your ERP Integration for details.
- Navigate to the project's Funding tool.
- Locate the funding to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Click Create Funding CO.
- Complete the following fields:
Sign with DocuSign®
If you have enabled the Procore + DocuSign® integration (see Enable or Disable the DocuSign® Integration on a Procore Project), a checkmark appears in this box by default. If you do NOT want to collect signatures with DocuSign®, remove the mark.
TipHow do you collect signatures with DocuSign? After the data entry for the item is complete, Procore recommends changing the item's status to 'Out for Signature' before clicking the Complete with DocuSign button to launch the DocuSign® application. If you have not previously signed in, you will be prompted to Log In to DocuSign®. Once you are signed in, you can prepare the DocuSign® envelope for signatures. After the signature process is complete, Procore automatically changes the status of the item to 'Approved' and marks the item as 'Executed'. To learn more, see DocuSign®.
Accept the default number, enter a new number, or create a custom numbering scheme for this change order and future ones.
- Procore automatically assigns the item a new number in sequential order. For example; 001, 002, 003, and so on.
- To use a custom numbering scheme, enter any set of alphanumeric characters. Procore automatically assigns new numbers in sequential order using your custom scheme.
Shows the date and time the change order was created in Procore. You cannot change this date.
If you revise a change order later, you can enter the revision number here.
Procore automatically populates this field with the name of the user who created the change order.
Enter a descriptive name here.
Select the current status of the change order. Procore automatically places the change order in the 'Draft' status. To learn more, see What are the default statuses for change orders in Procore?
Mark this checkbox if you want the item to be private. This means it is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permissions on the contract (or funding).
Select a due date to indicate the date by which the 'Designated Reviewer' must approve or reject the change order.
Select the date when the change order was invoiced.
Select the Procore user at your organization who is responsible for approving or rejecting the change order. To appear as a selection in this list, the designated reviewer's Procore user account must be added to the Project Directory and have 'Standard' level permissions or higher to the contract or funding tool. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
Select the date that payment was received for the change order.
Enter a more detailed description of the change order.
If this change order is expected to impact the construction project's schedule, enter the estimated number of additional days this would add to the schedule.
Revised Substantial Completion Date
If the change order modifies the substantial completion date for the contract, select that date from the calendar control.
NoteIf the substantial completion date is enabled on the 'Configure Settings' page of the tool, Procore updates the change order's 'Revised Substantial Completion Date' field after the change order is placed into the Approved status.
Mark this checkbox after the change order is fully executed.
- Depending on the change order tier settings of the Prime Contract's tool, one (1) of these list boxes will appear:
Potential Change Orders
If the tool is configured for two (2)-tier change orders, select any potential change orders related to this change order from this drop-down list. See Configure the Number of Change Order Tiers on a Project Financials Tool.
Change Order Requests
If the tool is configured for three (3)-tier change orders, select any change order requests related to this change order from this drop-down list. See Configure the Number of Change Order Tiers on a Project Financials Tool.
- Choose one (1) of these options:
- To create the change order, click Create.
- To create the change order and send email notifications, click Create & Email.
- If you are using the Procore + DocuSign® integration to collect signatures, click Complete with DocuSign. To learn more, see DocuSign®.
- To create the change order, click Create.