To move a vendor/company record in the Project Directory to the project's 'Inactive' list.
Inactive companies are archived in the Directory tool. However, the vendor/company name will no longer appears as selections in Procore's drop-down menus and lists.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the Project Directory tool.
- Before you can deactivate a company, the following must be true: Users listed on the People tab from the company must either be (1) Removed from the company record, (2) Reassigned to a different company, or (3) Deactivated (see Deactivate a User in the Company Directory).
- Additional Information:
- If your company has enabled the Procore + ERP Integration:
- You might need to consolidate duplicate entries since only one Company level entry can be tied to an ERP vendor. In such cases, you may need to reassign users to the chosen company entry and inactivate the other duplicate company entries.
- Navigate to the project's Directory tool.
This reveals the Project Directory page.
- Locate the company in the list. Then click Edit.
This places the selected record in edit mode.
- Click Deactivate Company.
Note: If the Deactivate Company is grayed out and unavailable, hover your cursor over the tooltip (?) icon to view the reason.
A banner appears to confirm that the company was deactivated.