To reallocate an individual's submitted timecard entry into multiple entries with updated project and payroll information.
Users with 'Standard' level permissions or higher to the company's Timesheets tool can split submitted time on unapproved timecards into multiple timecard entries containing updated project or payroll information. For example, you can split a timecard entry for 10 hours of Regular Time into 8 hours of Regular Time and 2 hours of Overtime to accurately reflect how a worker spent their day.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or higher permissions on the Company Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- To reallocate time into multiple entries, the sum of each entry must equal the total hours of the original timecard.
- Navigate to the company's Timesheets tool.
- Locate the timecard entry you want to split.
Note: Click on the vertical ellipsis and mark the checkboxes to show, hide, or reorder columns.
- Click Split.
- In the 'Split Time' modal, select either the 'Start Time' and 'Stop Time' or enter the 'Total Time' of hours for each entry.
Note: To add another entry, click Split on an existing entry.
- Select the following for each entry from the drop-down menu:
- Project: The project you want to assign the time entry to.
- Sub Job: The sub job for each entry.
To add a sub job to a project, see Add a Sub Job to a Procore Project.
- Cost Code: The cost code for each entry.
To add cost codes to a project, see Add and Edit Project Cost Codes.
- Time Type: The time type for each entry.
To create Time Types, see Configure Advanced Settings: Timecard.
- Click Save.