Yes. If you have permission to create an RFI in the 'Open' status (see Create an RFI), Procore will permit you to assign a duplicate number to an RFI. Here is how the system responds when you attempt to assign a duplicate number to an RFI:
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
- Click Create RFI.
- In the RFI # field, enter the desired RFI number.
- After completing the steps in Create an RFI, click Save.
If the system detects that you are attempting to assign a number that is already assigned to an existing RFI, the pop-up message pictured below appears to inform you that the RFI number is already taken.
- Choose from the following options:
- If you want to create a new RFI with the duplicate number, click OK. The system creates the new RFI.
- If you want to assign the RFI the next available number (or a different number), click Cancel. Then change the value in the RFI # field. Make any other updates to the RFI as appropriate and save your changes.