To create an inspection in the Procore app using an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- This action can also be performed while an active network connection is not available on your mobile device (offline mode). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
- Navigate to the Inspections tool on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the Create icon to create a new inspection.
- Tap the template you want to use for the inspection.
Note: Inspection templates are created by users with 'Admin' permissions to the Company level Inspections tool. If none appear here, contact an Inspections Admin user to have them Create a Company Level Inspection Template or Add Inspection Templates to Your Project.
- Tap into the following fields to add the appropriate information:
- Assignees: Select one or more assignees that will be responsible for the inspection.
- Status: Select the status of the inspection. New inspections are in 'Open' status by default.
Note: An inspection's status should be set to 'open' when someone begins performing the inspection. It should remain open until there are no more deficient items on the inspection. At this point, you should change the status to 'closed' to indicate that no further action is needed.
- Inspection Date: Select the date the inspection is taking place.
- Due Date: Select the date the inspection needs to be completed by.
- Trade: Select a trade related to your inspection.
Note: If you do not have trades added to your company, the 'Trade' field will appear as an empty field. You will need to add these to the Company level Admin tool before you can fill this field out. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Location: Select a location associated with the inspection.
Note: You can also scan a location's QR code to enter a location:
- Tap the QR code icon in the upper right on the Locations menu.
- Point the camera of your device to the QR code to scan it.
Procore will scan it automatically and add the location to the inspection.
- Responsible Contractor: Select the company who performed the work to be inspected.
- If you selected a point of contact before this, you will only be able to choose from the contractor that point of contact is associated with.
- If no contracting companies exist in the project's Directory, you will not be able to select a 'Point of Contact'.
- Point of Contact: Select a person to be the point of contact for the inspection. If you selected a 'Responsible Contractor' before this, you will only be able to choose a contact who is associated with that company.
Note: Only users with 'Standard' level permissions or above on the Observation tool may be listed as the Inspection's 'Point of Contact'.
- Specification Section: Select a specification section to associate with the inspection.
- Description: Enter a description of the inspection.
- Add Attachment: Tap to add a photo or file to the inspection. Choose from the following options:
- Take Photo: Select to a new photo to add to the inspection.
- Choose from Library: Select to choose an existing photo from your device's photo library to add to the inspection.
- Files: Select to add a file that has been saved to your device.
- Tap Save.