To track employees time on all projects.
Since there are a majority of workers who only need their time recorded as they move around from project to project, this feature eliminates the need to have to add the employee to each Project Directory. An employee will only have to be added to the Company Directory in order to track their time. With this setting enabled, company employees will automatically be added to the employee list on the Timesheets tool for all projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Timecard tool.
- In order for a worker's name to appear in the Employee list on the Timesheets tool, the person must be added to the Company Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a Person in the Project Directory.
- Navigate to the Company level Timecard Tool.
- Click the Configure Settingsicon.
- Mark the checkbox next to the configure setting "Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects".
- Click Update.