To track employees time on all projects.
Since there are a majority of users who only need their time recorded as they move around from project to project, this feature eliminates the need to have to add a user to each Project Directory or in the case for a "worker", any directory. The user will only have to be added as an "employee" in the Company Directory or as a "worker" in the project Crews tool in order to track their time. With this setting enabled, "company employees" and "workers" will automatically be added to the employee list on the Field Productivity tools for all projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- In order for an employee's name to appear in the Employee list on the Field Productivity tools, the person must be added to the Company Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a Person in the Project Directory.
- In order for a "worker's" name to appear in the Employee list on the Field Productivity tools, the person must first be added as a "worker" in the Crews tool. See Add a Worker for more information.
- Additional Information:
- With the setting 'Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects' enabled, in order for a user to see all the employees and workers in the Employee list, a user needs to be an 'Admin' on the Timesheets tool or a 'Standard' user on the Timesheets tool and 'Read Only' user on the Company Directory tool.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin Tool.
- Under "Tool Settings", click Time Tracking.
- In the Shared Settings section, mark the checkbox next to the setting "Can company employees be tracked on all projects?"
- Click Update.