To edit a previously distributed submittal and distribute it again to all key stakeholders.
If you previously distributed a submittal after it was approved, you may need to redistribute it again at a later time. For example, you can redistribute a submittal when you need to include a person that was not on the original distribution list, attach a different or new file, or add/delete comments. You can redistribute the submittal as many times as necessary to ensure that all persons have been properly notified and have the most recent information pertaining to the submittal.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Submittals tool.
- You must first complete the steps in Distribute a Submittal.
- Additional Information:
- A submittal can be redistributed an unlimited number of times.
- When a submittal is redistributed, it is sent by email to the people designated in the submittal's distribution list.
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
This reveals the Submittals page.
- Locate the desired submittal. Then click the View button.
Tip: To quickly locate submittals that have previously been distributed (remember, a submittal must be distributed before you can redistribute it), a date must be recorded in an item's Distributed Date column.
This opens the submittal in view mode.
- Click Redistribute.
The remaining steps are identical to those described in Distribute a Submittal.