To respond to a punch list item.
In Procore, when a punch list item's Ball in Court has shifted to you, the item will display an "Action Required" banner notifying you that your response is needed and provide selectable response options based on your role. However, any 'Admin' level user or user granted the granular permission "Respond to Punch Items Assigned to Users within the Same Company," can also respond to the punch list.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Punch List tool.
- Users with 'Standard' level permissions can respond to a punch list item if they are listed are as the item's Punch Item Manager, Assignee, or Final Approver, or if they have been granted the granular permission "Respond to Punch Items Assigned to Users within the Same Company." See "Grant Granular Permissions in a Permissions Template" in the See Also section below.
- Navigate to the project's Punch List tool.
- Click View next to the item to which you want to respond.
- Under the Action Required banner; select the appropriate response.
Note: These response options will vary based on your role within the Punch List workflow.
- Optional: Include any additional comments in the text box, or click Attach File(s) to add any files or photos.
- Click Submit.