Limited ReleaseThe Progress Billings tool is only available to Procore customers in the United States who have implemented the Procore for Specialty Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see (Limited Release) Owners & Specialty Contractors Point-of-View Dictionary Options.
To email an owner invoice to one or more Procore project users.
You can create an owner invoice that bills against a prime contract and then email it to your recipients. If you need to send your invoice to the project owner, this method allows them to view the invoice in your Procore (only they have a Procore user account and you've granted the user access). This proves useful when you want to capture the owner's written approval or rejection reason in writing. Procore automatically stores all replies from recipients in the 'From' address of your outgoing message in the Emails tab of the invoice.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions
- Additional Information:
- Clicking the Email Invoice button sends a copy of the invoice's 'Detail' tab to the designated recipients.
- Navigate to the Project level Invoicing tool.
- Click the Owner tab.
- Locate the invoice to send by email.
- Click the Invoice # link to open it.
- Click the Emails tab.
- Click Compose Email.
This opens the Compose New Email page.
- Complete the following fields:
- Private. Mark this checkbox to make the email private. Private emails are only shared with the recipient(s) and the sender.
- To. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s).
- CC. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s) to carbon copy. Your name appears here by default.
- BCC. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s) to carbon copy.
- Subject. This field will populate with the number of the invoice. The subject line is added automatically. You can change it if you want.
- Message. Type the body of your email message.
- Attachments. Attach any related documents or files.
- Click Send.
A YELLOW 'Communication Created' banner appears to confirm the outgoing message has been created and added to Procore's outgoing email queue.
- A record of your outgoing message is saved in the 'Emails' tab on the invoice.
- Any messages sent to the 'From' address on your outgoing message are automatically saved in the invoice's 'Emails' tab. This provides your message recipients with the convenience to use the reply feature in their email program. It also captures your collaborator's approve or reject responses in writing.