Limited ReleaseThe Progress Billings tool is only available to Procore customers in the United States who have implemented the Procore for Specialty Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see (Limited Release) Owners & Specialty Contractors Point-of-View Dictionary Options.
To create a record for a payment received for a GC/Client invoice using the project's Progress Billings tool.
You can create a payment received record in Procore using the project's Progress Billings tool.
Things to Consider
- You can only create a payment if the status of the client contract is either in the "Approved" or "Complete" state.
- Navigate to the project's Progress Billings tool.
- Click the GC/Client tab.
- Locate the invoice in the list. The click to open it.
- Click Create Payment.
- Complete the following fields:
Select an invoice from the drop-down to tie that payment to.
Select the date that the payment was received.
- Payment #
Specify the payment number.
- Invoice #
Enter the invoice number for the payment, if applicable.
- Check #
Enter the check number for the payment.
Include any additional notes about the payment.
Enter the amount of the payment that was received.
Include any attachments related to the payment. For example, the check or the invoice related to the payment.
- Click Add. The payment is listed under the 'Contract Summary Report' section in the 'Payments Received' column.
- Click Save.
- You will see a list of all payments received, which you can then export to a PDF by choosing Export > PDF.
- All payments received on the project are tracked in the Contract Summary Report in the Client Contract tool's General tab (see illustration below).