If you have a DocuSign® account, you can connect your project's potential change orders for a prime contract to DocuSign® to manage the signature process. This provides the parties on the contract with a way to receive, review, and return their signatures for the change order online—at any time and from any Internet-enabled device.
If you do not have DocuSign® enabled, see Enable the DocuSign® Integration on a Project.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- Once you sign into you DocuSign® account from Procore, you will NOT need to sign in again until the login token expires. Once expired, the 'Re-Authentication Required' banner appears in Procore. To learn more, see What do the different DocuSign® banners in Procore mean?
- Enable the DocuSign® Integration on Your Company's Procore Account
- Enable the DocuSign® Integration on a Project
- To request signatures using the Procore + DocuSign® integration, you must have an active DocuSign® account. For details, see:
- Create Prime Contracts
- Create a Potential Change Order for a Prime Contract
- Open the Potential Change Order for the Prime Contract in Procore
- Log in to DocuSign®
- Prepare the DocuSign® Envelope
Open the Potential Change Order for the Prime Contract in Procore
The steps that you use to open the potential change order depend on whether the Change Events tool is added to the project. See Add and Remove Project Tools.
Using the Change Orders Tool
- Navigate to the project's Change Orders tool.
- In the Prime Contract tab, locate the prime contract with the potential change order.
- Click the Contract link to open it.
- Click the Change Orders tab.
- Scroll to the Potential Change Orders table.
- Locate the potential change order that you want to send for signature.
- Click the change order's Number link.
- Click Edit.
- Click Complete with DocuSign® at the bottom of the page.
Using the Prime Contracts tool
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Locate the prime contract to work with. Then expand its Number link.
- Under Potential Change Order, click the link to open it.
- Click Complete with DocuSign® at the bottom of the page.
Log In to DocuSign®
If you are NOT logged into your DocuSign® account when you launch the DocuSign® application from Procore:
- To learn how to gain access to DocuSign® from a Procore tool, see one of the tasks in Which Procore project tools support the DocuSign® integration?
- To log into DocuSign® from Procore, you need valid login credentials (an email address and a password) for a DocuSign® account. To learn more, see Do I need a DocuSign© account? and How do I get a DocuSign® account?
- At the DocuSign® Log In page, type your email address in the Email box:
- Click Next.
- Enter your password.
- Click Log In.
Prepare the DocuSign® Envelope
Once you are logged in, the 'Upload a Document and Add Envelope Recipient' page appears. Complete these steps:
- Add Documents to the Envelope
- Add Recipients to the Envelope
- Add a Message to All Recipients
- Preview the Signature Fields & Send the Envelope
Add Documents to the Envelope
The following Procore information automatically populates the DocuSign® envelope:
- A PDF copy of the potential change order is automatically added to the 'Add Documents to Envelope' section.
- The required signature boxes for each 'Role' on the contract associated with the potential change order. For example, the Architect, General Contractor, and Owner who are parties on the prime contract. This includes each users 'Name' and 'Email Address.' For more information, see Add Recipients to the Envelope below.
You have the option to add other documents as follows:
- Optional: If you want to add additional documents to the envelope, choose one of the available options under the 'Add Documents to the Envelope' section:
NoteThe available options in the 'Add Documents to the Envelope' section are developed and maintained by DocuSign®. To learn how to use DocuSign®, Procore recommends reviewing the content on support.docusign.com.
- Use a Template
- Get From Cloud
Add Recipients to the Envelope
To add recipients to the envelope:
- Under 'Add Recipients to the Envelope', keep the default recipient blocks, their names, and their email addresses. This data is added to the envelope automatically by the Procore+DocuSign® integration. If the data was specified in Procore, the values in the 'Name' and 'Email Address' fields of the recipient blocks correspond to these fields in Procore:
- Architect. This is the individual designated in the 'Architect/Engineer' field of the prime contract.
- General Contractor. This the individual who is designated in the 'Primary Contact' field in the Project Directory for the company designated in the 'Contractor'' field of the prime contract.
- Owner. This is the individual designated as the 'Owner/Client' in the prime contract.
- Not seeing one of the recipient blocks in DocuSign®? If your company has engaged the Procore Custom Solutions team to add custom fields to the Prime Contracts tool or if your company has implemented one of Procore's language or point-of-view dictionaries, the recipient blocks in your environment may be different. Check with your company's Procore Administrator to see if your tool has any custom fields. To learn more, see What languages are available in Procore? and What tool names and terms are different in Procore for general contractors, owners, and specialty contractors?
- Not seeing a 'Name' or 'Email Address' in a recipient block? If data wasn't entered in one of the contract fields before you sent the item to DocuSign®, theere was no data to transfer to DocuSign®. You will need to return to Procore, enter the data in the appropriate field, and resend the envelope to DocuSign®.
Want to add, change, or remove recipients DocuSign®? The options in the 'Add Recipients to the Envelope' section are developed and maintained by DocuSign®. If you change the recipient information in DocuSign®, keep in mind that any changes made in DocuSign® do NOT update in Procore and can lead to unwanted results. To ensure the integration works as designed, Procore recommends keeping the recipient fields that were added by the integration. To learn how to use DocuSign®, Procore recommends reviewing the content on support.docusign.com.
Add a Message to All Recipients
- In the 'Message to All Recipients' section, do the following:
- Email Subject
Enter a subject line for the outgoing email message.
- Email Message
Enter the copy for the body of the outgoing email message.
- Email Subject
- Click Next.
Preview the Signature Fields & Send the Envelope
Next, preview the PDF's signature fields. Each signature field corresponds to the authorized signature holder as designated in Procore's prime contract. These fields also correspond to the recipients on the DocuSign® envelope.:
- Architect. This is the individual designated as the 'Architect/Engineer' in Procore's prime contract.
- General Contractor. This the individual who is designated as the 'Primary Contact' in the Project Directory for the company designated as the 'Contractor'' in Procore's prime contract.
- Owner. This is the individual designated as the 'Owner/Client' in Procore's prime contract.
TipNot seeing the signature fields above? If your company has engaged the Procore Custom Solutions team to add custom fields for use with the Prime Contracts tool or if your company has implemented one of Procore's language or point-of-view dictionaries, the recipients that appear in your environment may be different. To learn more, see What languages are available in Procore? and What tool names and terms are different in Procore for general contractors, owners, and specialty contractors?
- Scroll to the bottom of the PDF to view the signature fields. An example is pictured below.
- Keep the existing signature fields. These fields are automatically populated by Procore and keeping them in their default positions ensures the signature workflow for the Procore application functions as expected.
- Optional: Add any 'Standard Fields' to the form as desired.
NoteThe options in the 'Standard Fields' area are developed and maintained by DocuSign®. To learn how to use DocuSign®, Procore recommends reviewing the content on support.docusign.com.
- When you are ready to collect the specified signatures, click Send.
DocuSign® sends the envelope to the specified recipients. Recipients can then continue with the Next Step. Once all the signatures are collected and applied to the document, Procore changes the status of the potential change order to 'Approved.' You also have the option to update the status manually.