To create line items on a prime contract's Schedule of Values (SOV) using the line items from a project's budget.
After your initial project budget is finalized in the Budget tool, it is recommended that you lock the budget. Once locked, you can use the steps below to quickly add line items on your prime contract's SOV. When using this method, you have two options:
- Create one line item on the prime contract's SOV for each line item on the project's budget.
The example below shows you the line items on a budget that can be used to create corresponding line items on a prime contract's SOV. For example, 01-000-Purpose: Labor, 01-002-Instructions: Labor, 01-010 Project Manager: Labor, and so on.
- Create one line item on the prime contracts SOV for each division summary on the project's budget.
The example below shows you all of the division summaries on a budget. For example, 01-General Requirements, 02-Site Construction, 03-Concrete, and so on.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- The prime contract you are updating must be in the 'Draft' status.
- If you have created multiple prime contracts, please be aware that you can import budget line items to a Prime Contract's Schedule of Values (SOV). However, you do NOT have the ability to choose which budget line items that you want to import. To learn more, see Are there any system limitations when creating multiple prime contracts?
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contract tool.
- Ensure that the prime is in the 'Draft' status.
- Click Schedule of Values.
- Click Edit.
- Under Create Schedule of Values from Budget, choose one of the available options:
- Option 1
This option creates one line item on the prime contract's SOV for each line item on the project's budget.
- Option 2
This option create one line item on the prime contract's SOV for the summaries of each division on the project's budget.
- Option 1
- Click Create.