To lock a project's budget.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Budget tool
- Additional Information:
- When you lock a budget, the "Original Budget" data column is no longer editable in order to preserve the Original Budget values.
- Once a budget is locked, changes can only be made via Change Orders or Budget Modifications, which will give you an accurate historical record of all changes and their impact to the project's original budget. As a result, you will have a clear understanding of how the original budget iteratively evolved into the current budget over time.
- If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool:
You must lock the budget before you can send it to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance for export by an accounting approver. After locking the budget, see:
- Sage 300 CRE: Send a Budget to ERP Integrations for Accounting Acceptance
- QuickBooks: Send a Budget to ERP Integrations for Accounting Acceptance
- Dexter + Chaney Spectrum: Send a Budget to ERP Integrations for Accounting Acceptance
- Viewpoint Vista: Send a Budget to ERP Integrations for Accounting Acceptanc
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
This reveals the Budget page.
- Review the budget and ensure that no further changes are required.
- Click the Lock Budget button. (Note: If you quickly realized that you need to make a change to the budget, users with 'Admin' level permission to the Budget tool can Unlock a Budget.)