To create a record in the project's Invoicing tool for a payment received from an owner invoice.
An owner invoice is an itemized record of a financial transaction between a project owner and a company responsible for completing work. Typically, it is issued by a general contractor and submitted to a project owner to signal that payment is due for completed work. When you receive a payment from an owner, you can create a record of that payment in Procore's Invoicing tool using the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- The project's prime contract must be in the 'Approved' or 'Complete' status.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Click the Owner tab.
- Locate the prime contract. Then click View.
- Click Create Payment.
- Complete the following fields:
- Invoice. Select the associated invoice from the drop-down list.
- Date. Select a date that the payment was received.
- Payment #. Enter the payment number.
- Invoice #. Enter the invoice number for the payment, if applicable.
- Check #: Enter the check number for the payment.
- Notes. Include any additional notes to provide details about the payment.
- Amount. Enter the amount of the payment received.
- Attachments. Include any attachments related to the payment. For example, you might want to attach the check image or the invoice file.
- Click Add. The payment is listed in the 'Payments Received' columm at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save.
- You will see a list of all payments received, which you can then export to a PDF by choosing Export > PDF.
- All payments received on the project are tracked in the Contract Summary Report in the Prime Contract tool's General tab (see illustration below).