To edit a billing period for invoices by editing a Period Start, Period End, Billing Date and Status.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level on the project's Commitments tool.
- There can only be one billing period with the status of 'Open' at a given time on a given project.
- The Period Start Date cannot be after the Period End Date.
- There cannot be two of the same Period Start and Period Date combination.
- The billing date is the due date that the subcontractor needs to create (not submit) the invoice by. If the Due Date has passed, the subcontractor cannot create a invoice, though an Admin level user can create one on their behalf. If the invoice has been created, and the Due Date has passed, the subcontractor can still Edit and/or Submit the Invoice if the status is in 'Draft' or 'Revise & Resubmit'.
- In order to create invoices for a billing period, the billing date must not have passed, and the status must be "Open."
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Click Billings.
- Click Billing Periods.
- To change a date, click into one of these fields to open a calendar control or type a date:
- Period Start
- Period End
- Due Date
- To change the status of a billing period, select Open or Closed from the Status list.
Note: You can only have one (1) billing period with the status of open at a time.
- To save your edits, click Done, or click out of the field box.