To create RFQs (Request for Quote) to send to subcontractors for pricing.
Once you've created a change event, you can create RFQs for that change event to send to the affected subcontractors. Subcontractors can then add their quote for the change, which you can use to create change orders.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Change Events tool AND 'Admin' permissions on the Commitments tool.
- You must create a change event before you can create an RFQ. To learn how, see Create a Change Event.
- RFQs will not be enabled on Change Events until a commitment of any status is in place.
- Contact your Procore point of contact if RFQs are not visible and need to be enabled.
- Navigate to the project's Change Events tool.
- Click View next to the Change Event you want to create an RFQ for.
- Under the "Scope Estimate" section, click Create RFQs.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Due Date: Select a date you wish the subcontractor to submit the RFQ by. The default due date is 7 calendar days after creation of the RFQ.
- Title: This field will automatically populate with the name of the change event.
- Request Details: Enter in a message that will be displayed to the subcontractor who receives the request for quote.
- Distribution: Select users to be notified when RFQ responses are submitted. (Note: You can also set up a default distribution for RFQs within the Commitment Configure Settings.)
- Attachments: Attach any related items to the RFQ from Procore or from your computer.
- Select the appropriate user from within each subcontracting company to receive the request for quotation. Once you select a user from the drop-down list, the check box for the commitment will automatically be marked.
(Note: A user must have 'Standard 'permissions on the Commitments tool and must have access to that particular commitment in order to receive an RFQ by being selected from the "Private" dropdown for that commitment. The user must also be associated with the subcontracting company that is tied to the contract.)
- Click Create RFQs.
(Note: Individual emails requesting a quote for pricing are sent to each subcontractor.)