To import a project's Budget's Schedule of Values (SOV) into Procore by uploading an exported XML file from ProEst.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Budget tool
- The Import ProEst XML field will only appear in the Procore application when the Budget is unlocked. See "Unlock a Budget" in the See Also section below.
- Additional Information:
- By default, Procore's ProEst integration is not turned on and enabled for new Procore accounts. To enable ProEst, your company's Procore Administrator can submit a request to your company's Procore point of contact.
- Project data is not synchronized between Procore and ProEst. If you make any changes in ProEst, you must upload those revisions to Procore.
- If you need assistance with the import process, send an email request to email@example.com.
Export a Project Estimate from ProEst
If you do not have an XML file of your ProEst project, see Export a Project Estimate from ProEst.
Import a ProEst XML file into Procore
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
This reveals the Budget page.
- Under Import ProEstXML, click Choose File.
- Select the desired XML file.
- Click Import.
The system uploads the file to Procore (Notes: You may need to wait for a few minutes for the file to upload. To check the status of the upload, you may refresh the page in your web browser).
When the upload is complete, you can verify that the contents of the file uploaded as expected.
- If you want to make changes to the uploaded data, continue by editing the SOV line items.
If you would like to learn more about Procore’s budget management software and how it can help your business, please visit our construction budgeting software product page here.