To submit a pre-bid RFI (request for information) during the bidding process.
Things to Consider
- If you have been invited to bid on a project that is being managed using Procore's cloud-based construction software, you should have received an email invitation like the example below in your inbox. Make sure to log into your account using the email this email was sent to because only this email will give you access to the project in Procore.
There are two ways you can submit a question/RFI to the project's GC:
Reply to the invitation email
- Simply respond to the invitation email with your question or RFI, and the GC will receive an email. They can respond directly back to your email. (Note: When you reply to the email, it will show up as a reply to the original email you replied to in the Email subtab in the Planroom's bid package.)
Send an email to the thread's link
- When you log into Procore, navigate to the project's Planroom tool.
- Click on the bid package you wish to submit a pre-bid question/RFI about.
- Click the Email sub tab.
- Copy and paste or click the email link in the yellow header box that says, "To initiate a new communication thread associated with this item, send an email to ___."
(Note: When you send an email to the thread's link, it will show up as a new email in the Email subtab.)