To add a timecard entry to the Company level Timecard tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Timecard tool to add timecard entries for all users in your company.
- 'Standard' level users can add timecard entries for only themselves.
- See Configure Your Company For The Timecard for steps to take before you can first add a Timecard entry.
- Navigate to the Company level Timecard tool.
- Choose the person you would like to make a timecard entry for.
- Choose the pay period you would like to enter time in.
- Day: Enter the timecard is being added (today).
- Project: Select the project that this person was working on.
- Cost Code: Select the cost code that describes the scope of work that was done for this day/week/pay period.
- Hours: Enter the amount of hours this person worked during the day/week/pay period.
- Type: Select the type of pay they will receive.
Note: See Configure Advanced Settings: Timecard to find out how to add custom pay types.
- Billable?: Select if the hours are billable.
- Comments: Add in an optional description of the work completed.
- Copy hours from last week: Click if you would like to add the time entries the employee worked last week.
Note: If the Timesheets tool is enabled, time entries need to be 'unapproved' to be edited. See Unapprove a Time Entry in the Company Level Timesheets Tool.
- Click Save.
Note: All of the timecard entries for this person in this pay period will appear under the appropriate sections below the creation fields. Multiple timecard entries can be entered within a pay period. They will be added together in the Timecard for [Name] for the Pay Period of [date] section.