How to add programs (i.e. project groups) to better organize your projects.
A project is a construction effort with a defined start and end date with specific goals and objectives that, when obtained, signify completion of the project. A program is a group of related construction projects that provide your organization with benefits from managing projects as a group, over managing projects individually. There are countless ways to organize your company's projects into programs, such as:
- Region. For example, you might create programs for the four (4) regions of the U.S., such as 'Northeast', 'Midwest', 'South', and 'West.'
- Sector. For example, you might create programs for the different construction sectors, such as 'Buildings', 'Infrastructure', and 'Industrial.'
- Project Management. For example, you might create programs for 'Internal Projects' and 'External Projects'.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To add programs, 'Admin' on the company's Admin tool.
- To view programs, 'Read-Only' or higher on the company's Programs tool.
- In order to view a project that is associated with a program, you must be granted access permission to that project.
- Additional Information:
- There is no limit to the number of programs you can create.
- You cannot delete a program from this list when it is assigned to one (1) or more projects in your company's Procore account.
To enable the Programs tool in Procore, a user with 'Admin' level permissions to the company's Admin tool must submit a request to your Procore point of contact or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the Programs tool is enabled, do the following:
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Project Settings, click Defaults.
- Scroll to the "<Your Company Name> Programs" section.
- Do the following:
Program Name. Enter a name for the new program. It is recommended that you create short, unique names (Note: The names that you enter here will appear in the Programs tool. See Programs).
Add Program. Click this button to add the new program.
- Repeat the step above for each desired program.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: If you want to add information to the program, you must edit the program. See Edit Program Information.