To mark an observation type as inactive so that team members cannot add it to new observations.
By default, Procore offers five categories of observations with specific observation types within each category. You can add, delete, edit, and mark as 'Inactive' your custom and default observation types in the Company level Admin tool. See What are the default observation types used for?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Any changes made to this page will be reflected on the create page of an observation in the Project level Observations tool. See Observations.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Observation Types Configuration.
This reveals the Observation Types Configuration page
- Deselect the checkbox next to the type you want to mark as inactive.
This action marks the type as inactive; inactive types cannot be added to new observations.