To edit an existing configured observation fieldsets.
Admin users can configure fieldsets and field options for the Observations tool. This determines what fields and options are available for project team member's using the Observations tool. A fieldset is a group of fields that determines whether data entry is optional, required, or hidden from view when team members create or edit an item. A field option is a selection that appears in a drop-down list in the Observations tool.
There are two types of configurations that can be applied to each field set:
- Procore Default. These are the default settings and specify whether data entry is optional, required, or hidden from view when creating or editing an item.
- Company Default. If you choose to use the steps below to configure a company-specific fieldset, these will be applied to all new projects and any existing projects that you specify.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- By default, configured fieldsets are only applied to all new projects. However, you can select which projects to apply them to.
- Configured fieldsets applied to projects will be reflected on both Procore’s web and mobile applications.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings,' select Observations.
- Click the Fieldsets tab.
- Click Edit next to the fieldset category you want to modify.
- Across from each field name you want to configure, click one of the following options:
- Required: This will become a required field.
- Optional: This will become an optional field.
- Hidden: This field will not be included in the section.
Note: If you are unable to click an option, this indicates it is a Procore default that cannot be modified.
- Click Update to save your changes.
- Click Update to confirm.