To create a customized list of departments using the company's Admin tool.
If your company has departments in charge of certain construction projects and you want those department names to be associated with specific projects in Procore, you can use the Steps below to create a list of departments in the company's Admin tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To add departments, 'Admin' level permission on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- There is no limit to the number of departments you can create.
- You cannot delete a department from this list when it is assigned to one (1) or more projects in your company's Procore account.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Project Settings.
This reveals the Project Settings page.
- Scroll to the '<Your Company Name> Departments' section.
- Do the following:
Department Name. Enter a name for the new department.
Add Department. Click this button to add the new department.
- Repeat the step above for each desired program.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Then click Save Changes.
You can now associate a department with a Procore project when you add or edit a project.