Items that carry over to your new project
The following table identifies the project items that are carried over when you create a new project based on a template.
|Procore Tools||Configure Settings||Most of the advanced setting configurations for each tool except for Schedule and the Project Home will carry over to a new project. See "Configure Advanced Settings: [Procore tool]" in the site for more information on each of a tool's specific advanced settings.
Note: Project level Observation Templates will not carry over to a new project.
|Admin (Company Level)||Project Settings > Cost Codes||Cost codes added to the Company level Admin tool and related data in the template are carried over to new projects.|
|Project Settings > Defaults > Programs||The list of Programs added to the template are carried over to the new project. See Add a Custom Program.|
|Project Settings > Locations||The setting for the Only Allow Locations to be Created in the Location Manager Above check box under Location Settings is carried over to the new project. Note: When the checkbox is cleared, users are able to create locations from any location field in the Procore web application.|
|Webhooks||Project level Webhooks configuration including Notification Endpoint and Authorization Header field values are carried over to new projects. Note: Only Webhooks configured in the default Procore namespace are carried over to new projects.|
|Admin (Project Level)||Project Settings > General||The following settings from the General page of Project Settings are copied to your new project: County Override checkbox, Latitude/Longitude Override checkbox, Office drop-down list, Project Type drop-down list, Enable Sub Jobs checkbox, Enable DocuSign checkbox, and Prevent Overbilling on this Project checkbox.|
|Project Settings > Equipment||The items added to the Equipment Name list are copied to your new project.|
|Change Orders||Configure Settings > Change Order Configuration||The change order configuration you establish in a project template will be carried over to new projects based on the template. You can pick either a single tier, two tier, or three tier change order configuration for both the prime contract and commitment sides. The configuration for change order tiers can be different between the prime contract and commitment sides.|
|Commitments||Commitments List||Commitments from the project template are carried over to the new project and automatically placed into the Draft status.|
|Daily Log||Configure Settings > Project Settings (Daily Log Settings)||The Daily Log Settings from the source project are copied to the new project (Note: Individual daily log entries, emails, change history, and any configuration settings created under the Manpower Categories area of the Daily Log Settings page are NOT copied to the new project).|
|Directory||Project Directory (Users & Companies)||If the project template contains users and companies in the Project Directory tool, those companies and persons will be added to any new project created with the template.|
|Documents||Document Subfolder Structures||Under the project's Documents tool, the subfolder structure will carry over. However, none of the files located within those subfolders will be carried over because they are most likely project-specific documents that should not be added to every new project. For example, you may want all projects to place their files into folders where the same folder names and folder structure are used across all projects. See Create a Standard Folder Structure.|
|Documents||Files in the Root Document Directory||Files that are placed at the root (topmost) level and are not located in the subfolder, will be carried over. For example, you may want the same safety regulations document added to each new project. Files can be added to the main project folder via Procore Drive, or by dragging and dropping a document to the top of the folder tree to your project's folder from a subfolder in the web application.|
|Drawings||Configure Settings > Discipline Abbreviation Setup||Drawing Discipline Abbreviations set up in the Drawings tool's configure settings will carry over to new projects. See Configure Default Drawing Disciplines.|
|Inspections||Configure Settings > Create Inspection Template||
Inspections template and related data are carried over to new projects. See Create a Project Level Inspection Template.
|Invoicing||Configure Settings||All of the settings under Default Billing Period, Emails, and Other are carried over to new projects.|
|Prime Contract||Schedule of Values Tab||The data in the Schedule of Values (SOV) tab on the projects template is carried over to new projects. In addition, the Advanced Settings are carried over.|
|Punch List||Configure Settings > Punch List Settings > Punch Item Types||The list of 'Punch Item Types' created in the Configure Settings page of the project's Punch List tool. See Create Punch Item Types.|
|Punch List||Configure Settings > Punch List Settings > Punch Emails||The Punch email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the project's Punch List tool. See Create Punch Item Types.|
|Punch List||Configure Settings > Punch List Settings > Punch List Templates||
The project-level punch templates can now be carried over to a new project. See Create a Project Level Punch Item Template.
|Schedule||Schedule Integration Selection||If you have identified a particular schedule integration in a project template, that selection will be carried over to new projects created from the template. However, any schedule data that may exist in the template will not be carried over.|
|RFIs||Configure Settings > RFI Emails||Any email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the RFIs tool are carried over to the new project. See How do I control which emails are sent by Procore during the RFI process?|
|Submittals||Configure Settings > Submittal Responses||Any custom submittal responses that have been created in the source project are carried over to the new project. See Create Custom Submittal Responses.|
|Submittals||Configure Settings > Submittal Emails||Any email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the Submittals tool are carried over to the new project. See When does the Submittals tool send email notifications to Procore users?|
|Timesheets||Configure Settings > Timesheets Settings||Time Entry Settings and any Additional Fields that are enabled will carry over to new projects.|
Items that do NOT carry over to your new project
Any preference that is NOT in the list above including:
- Project Admin: General Settings: Project Name, Active Project, Job Number, Project Description, Square Feet, Job Phone, Job Fax, Address, City, Country, State, County, Zip, Latitude/Longitude, Estimated Start Date, Estimated Completion Date, Warranty Start Date, Warranty End Date, Actual Start Date, Projected Finish Date, Actual Start Date (Override Imported Schedule Date, Projected Finish date (Override Imported Schedule Date, Parent Job, Estimated Project Value, Project Stage, Office, Project Flag, Departments, Program, Bid Type, Owner Type, Region, Copy People From, Project Logo.
- Subscribers/Tool-specific distribution groups: Any subscribers or default distribution group members that are set up in the configuration page of a tool will not be copied to the new project's configuration settings.
- Cost Codes: Project level cost codes.
- Daily Log: Individual daily log entries, emails, change history, and any configuration settings created under the Manpower Categories area of the Daily Log Settings page are NOT copied to the new project.
- Default Distribution Lists: On specific tools (RFIs, Submittals, etc.).
- Schedule Integration Data: However, as stated above, your selection of which schedule tool you would like to integrate with will carry over (MS Project vs. Primavera P6).
- Spec Sections
- Sub Jobs: Sub jobs themselves do not carry over to new projects. Only the configuration setting for enabling sub jobs will carry over.
- Drawing Sheets
- Meetings: For example, types, templates, and agenda structure.
- Photos: Albums do not carry over to new projects.
- Project Home Configuration Settings
- Project Team
- Project Links: Project Links do not carry over to new projects. See Add or Modify Project Links.
- Reports and Custom Reports
- Company Level Webhooks: Only project level Webhooks are carried over from templates to new projects.
- Submittal Workflow Templates: Project level Submittal workflow templates do NOT carry over on a project template.