If an Australian company, vendor, or supplier is working with your company on a project, only users with 'Admin' level permission on the Company or Project level Directory tool can verify an Australian Business Number entry with the Australian Government's ABN Lookup database (https://abr.business.gov.au/) directly from Procore's Company or Project level Directory tools.
Add and Verify an ABN
- Navigate to the Company or Project level Directory tool.
- Locate the company record you want to add an ABN to and click Edit.
- In the Entity Type drop-down menu, select ABN.
- Enter an ABN in the blank field.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
The page refreshes automatically. The ABN Status is listed as "Not Verified."
- Click Verify ABN.
The system checks the status for the ABN and updates the ABN Status (including the Last verified timestamp) automatically.
Statuses and Definitions
|Active||The ABN number is valid and active in the ABN Lookup system.|
|Cancelled||The ABN number is not valid and has been cancelled in the ABN Lookup system|
|Does Not Exist||The ABN entry does not exist in the ABN Lookup system.|
|Not Verified||The ABN entry has not yet been verified.|