For companies that have integrated Procore with Viewpoint® Spectrum®, you can import your real-time actual cost data from Viewpoint® Spectrum® into Procore's Budget tool. This lets project teams leverage their Viewpoint® Spectrum® cost data with the 'Estimated Cost' value in a Procore budget to calculate the budget's 'Estimated Cost at Completion' value. This export capability provides your project's accounting team with the complimentary benefit of being able to access Procore's 'Estimated Cost at Completion' values in Viewpoint® Spectrum®.
To turn on forecasting/projections:
- Navigate to the project Budget tool
- Click on the settings icon.
- Change the following settings:
- Default ERP Budget View: ERP Job Cost Detail Budget
- Designated Estimated Cost at Completion Column: Estimated Cost at Completion
Which data fields are exported?
|Exports data from Procore to Viewpoint® Spectrum®||Imports data from Viewpoint® Spectrum® to Procore||
|Project Number1||Job Code|
|Cost Type||Cost Type|
|Estimated Cost at Completion2||Projected Cost|
1 Export note: The Spectrum Job ID is entered manually by an accounting approver when a project is exported from Procore to Viewpoint® Spectrum®. This may, or may not, depending on what the accounting approver has entered, match the Job Number found in Procore under the project-level Admin tool. This is stored as the Spectrum Job ID (you can view it in the company-level ERP Integrations tool under the Synced section of Jobs) and is then used on other project related exports such as Estimated Cost at Completion. Import note: If the job is imported from Viewpoint® Spectrum®, the job ID will automatically populate in the project number field.
2 To export Estimated Cost at Completion values you must first enable the feature. See Integration by Procore: How do I export cost forecast data from a Procore budget to Viewpoint® Spectrum®?
What are the requirements?
If you are a Procore + Viewpoint® Spectrum® client, contact Support to enable this feature. The requirements are listed below:
- The ERP Integrations tool must be enabled on the company's Procore account. See Request to Enable ERP Integrations for Viewpoint® Spectrum®.
- The Budget tool must be added to Procore's Project Tools menu. See Add and Remove Project Tools.
- The company's Procore account must be integrated with Viewpoint® Spectrum®. See Viewpoint® Spectrum®: Setup Guide.
- If there are no other updates to send, you can trigger the Re-send to ERP button on the Budget by entering a $0.00 Budget Modification.
Phased Release: Budget Changes
Some ERP integrated clients may have already transitioned from Budget Modifications (Legacy) to the new Budget Changes experience. The legacy experience will continue to be available until October 16, 2023. To learn more about the timeline for migration, see: Common Questions.
Choosing to use the new Budget Changes experience will not impact the function of your ERP integration, or the steps in this tutorial. If you encounter a step with directions regarding Budget Modifications, and you have already adopted Budget Changes, please take the same action in Budget Changes as you would in Budget Modifications.
To learn more about the new Budget Changes experience, see: Budget: New 'Budget Changes' Feature for Change Management in Project Financials