To set up and use submittal schedule calculations to automatically calculate the due dates of approvers' responses.
Submittal Schedule Calculations is an optional configuration setting for the Project level Submittals tool. It can be enabled for use on a project by Procore when authorized by a user at your organization who possesses the appropriate permissions (see Things to Consider). When enabled, the Submittals tool will analyze the Required On- Site Date and Lead Time as entered by a user creating a submittal (see Create a Submittal) and it will also consider the number of calendar days defined in the Design Team Review Time and Internal Review Time fields to automatically:
- Calculate due dates for members of the submittal workflow (see About Submittal Workflow) to ensure that your submittal review process runs smoothly without causing project delays.
- Populate the dates displaying in the 'Planned Return Date', 'Planned Internal Review Completed Date', and 'Planned Submit By Date' fields.
- When creating a submittal, under the Submittal Schedule Information area, use the calendar controls to select a date for the Required On-Site Date.
This specifies the date by which the work must be on the jobsite.
- In the Lead Time box, specify the total number of calendar days required by the contractor to order and deliver the required materials to the jobsite so it is ready by the Required On-Site Date. For example, enter '10' calendar days for the lead time.
Note: Procore subtracts '10' calendar days (i.e., NOT business days) from the Required On-Site Date to automatically populate the date entry for the Planned Return Date.
- In the Design Team Review Time box, enter the number of calendar days that is required by the design team to review the submittal information. For example, enter '7' calendar days.
Note: Procore subtracts '7' calendar days (i.e., NOT business days) from the Planned Return Date to automatically populate the date entry for the Planned Internal Review Completed Date.
- In the Internal Review Time box, enter the number of calendar days (i.e., NOT business days) that is required by your internal project team to ensure the submittal is sufficiently reviewed. For example, enter '5' calendar days.
Note: Procore subtracts '5' calendar days from the Planned Internal Review Completed Date to automatically populate the date entry for the Planned Submit by Date.
This illustration shows you an example of these entries and calculations.
Now, when setting due dates for members of the submittal workflow, the due dates will be reflected in the workflow.
Note: To access submittal schedule information for multiple submittals, export to submittal log to PDF or CSV from the Submittals log page. Alternatively, you may also create a submittal custom report.