To reopen a previously closed RFI.
After the RFI has gone through the workflow and all responses have been logged in Procore, 'Admin' level users can change its status to Closed. A Closed RFI typically indicates that the inquiry has been resolved and requires no further action. If you have previously closed an RFI, but want to reopen it to make edits or add responses, 'Admin' users can reopen a closed RFI, as needed.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's RFIs tool.
- The RFI being reopened must be in the Closed status. See Close an RFI.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
This reveals the Items list in the RFIs page.
- From the Add Filters list, choose Status and then choose Closed.
This narrows the items in view to show only RFIs in the 'Closed' status.
- Locate the desired RFI in the list. Then click View or Edit.
This opens the RFI in read-only or edit mode.
- Click Reopen RFI .
The system reopens the RFIs and places it into the 'Open' status.