To reject a 'Resolved' punch list item because the item still requires additional work to be brought into compliance.
When subcontractors fix an assigned punch list item, they mark the item as 'Resolved' so that it can be properly reviewed (by the General Contractor) and closed out if the item has been properly fixed. Typically, a project manager or superintendent (representing the General Contractor) will review all punch list items marked as 'Resolved' during an on-site walkthrough, and close out the punch items. However, if a 'Resolved' punch item does not satisfy the compliance standards for a particular scope of work (e.g. an installed faucet is still showing a leak), a user with 'Admin' permissions on the Punch List tool can reject and reassign the punch item back to the subcontractor to revisit and resolve.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tab.
- An 'Admin' user can change an item's "Response Status" from 'Resolved' to 'Unresolved' (and vice versa) at any time.
- Mobile: Supported on Procore's iOS or Android applications.
Change the Status of Your Punch List Item from the Web
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- View the punch list item you wish to reject.
- Click Edit Response. (Note: Do not click the Edit button, unless you need to change the details of the punch item.)
- For the "Response Status" field, change the selection from 'Resolved' to 'Unresolved' and enter a briefly describe why the item was rejected and what still needs to be fixed. (Note: When you reject a punch item, its due date will not be changed. If you wish to set a new due date, you must first edit the punch item.)
- Click the Update & Email button to send the assignee an email notification that the item was rejected (i.e. marked as 'Unresolved') and inform them that the item still needs to be resolved. If you need to change the assignee, you should use the Update option so that you can change the assignee before sending an email notification. (Note: To change a punch item's assignee, you must first edit the punch item.)