To create an inspections template at your Project level for use in one project's Inspections tool.
Creating Inspections templates at the Project level allows you to easily use the same or similar templates in your project without having to remake them each time. Templates created at the Project level will not sync to the Company level. If you want to use a template on more than one project, create the template at the Company level. You can also modify an existing Company level template to fit your project's unique needs.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level Inspections tool.
- Navigate to the Project level Inspections tool.
- Click Configure Inspection settings.
- Click Create New Template.
This reveals the New Inspection Template page.
- Under General Information, do the following:
- Name: Title your inspection. This will show up on your inspections log page and will help you differentiate between your inspections within your project. This is a required field.
- Type: Choose from the list of inspection types added to the company (e.g. Safety).
Note: If you have not added inspection types to your project, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Inspections. You will need to have 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.
- Trade: (optional) Give your inspection a trade (e.g. Electrical, plumbing).
Note: Your company's trade list can be managed at your Company level Admin tool under Trade Configuration.
- Description: (optional) Include any relevant details about the inspection.
- Attachments. Attach any relevant files to the templates by clicking Attach Files.
Note: If you try to create an inspection template without a name or with a name that already exists, there will be an error message details the reason. You can create an inspection with the same name as one in the Recycle Bin, but once you name it the same, you cannot restore a template in the Recycle Bin without first editing an inspection template to change the name.
- Select the desired Standard Response Phrasing from the following options:
Note: The response phrasing you select will apply to ALL items in this template, including items in previous inspections created from this template.
- 'Pass' and 'Fail': Select this set to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Pass' and 'Fail' when performing the inspection.
- Safe' and 'At Risk': Select this set to enable team members to choose between the responses 'Safe' and 'At Risk' when performing the inspection.
- Add sections, items, and details to your inspection as follows:
- + Add section: Click this link to add a section to your inspection template. Fill in the field with the title of your section. When you are done, simply click out of the section.
- + Add item: Click this link to add an item under your current section.
Note: You can drag and drop items in any order you want after you make more than one.
- Add inspection item details: Click the field next to Details, and add in relevant details.
- After adding your first section, press the TAB key on your keyboard to save the current section and add a new one below it. Use the Enter key to save the current item you're on and add an item below it.
Note: You can delete any section or item by clicking the x to the right of each section. You can reorder individual items within a section or you can reorder whole sections of your template by dragging your item/section by the icon with three horizontal lines.
- When you are done with your inspections template, click Create.