To add new line items to the budget that are associated with financial line items with a cost code/category combination that's currently not represented in the budget.
During the lifecycle of a project, financial line items may introduce line items that were not included in the original budget, often times by mistake.
The warning banner gives users a chance to review financial line items that have a non-budgeted cost code and/or category prior to adding them to the budget in the event the cost code and/or category was mistakenly selected.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Budget tool
- Additional Information:
- You can create missing budget line items to a locked or unlocked budget.
- If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool:
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
- Click the Create Budget Line Items button.
- Select the cost code and and category for the missing budget line item. You can assign a value to the Original Budget if the Budget is unlocked, or you can transfer money into this code via a change order or budget modification if the Budget is locked.
- Click +Add.
- The line item is now added to your budget.