To extract (i.e. export) all of the information in a specific tool, tools, project, projects, or all of the projects in the whole company.
The Extract feature is useful when your company wants to archive a project's information after closing out a project. When using this method to extract data from Procore, the system exports the data to a series of PDF files and then packages those file into a single ZIP file. After the extraction process is complete, you can then click a Download link to download the ZIP file to your computer or another location on your company's network.
A user with 'Admin' level permission to the Project level Admin tool can submit a request to have the Extracts feature enabled on a user account. When this feature is enabled, an Extracts link is visible in the Project Settings menu in the right pane of the project's Admin tool.
Create a New Extract
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
This reveals the 'General Project Information' page.
- Under 'Project Settings', click Extracts.
Note: To see the Extracts link, the Project Extracts feature must be enabled on your company's Procore account. To request to enable project extracts, your company's Procore Administrator must contact email@example.com.
- In the New Extract drop-down list, select one of the options detailed below:
- All. Creates a separate download package for all of the available extract types listed below. For each type, Procore bundles the data into a series of PDF files in a separate ZIP file download for each type.
- Bids. Creates a download package containing all of the bid information from the project's Bidding tool (see Bidding).
- Change Events. Creates a download package containing all of the change events from the project's Change Events tool. Change events are created with the Change Events tool or from individual RFIs (see Create a Change Event).
- Change Order Packages. Creates a download package containing all of the projects change orders, which are created in the project's Commitments and Prime Contract tools (see Change Orders).
- Change Order Requests. Creates a download package with all of the change order requests from the project's Prime Contracts tool (see Create a Change Order Request).
- Contracts. Creates a download package of all of the project's contract data (See Create a Prime Contract).
- Daily Logs. Creates a download package containing a daily summary for each day of the project (see Daily Log).
- Documents. Creates a download package containing all of the documents stored in the project's Documents tool (see Documents).
- Drawings. Creates a download package containing all of the images stored in the project's Drawings tool (see Drawings).
- Emails. Creates a download package of all of the email messages stored in the project's Emails tool (see Emails).
- Field Orders. Creates a download package of all the field orders stored in the Commitments tool (see Commitments). (Note: This download is only available if a user with 'Admin' permissions to the Commitments tool requested to have the Enable Field Orders option turned on by Procore).
- Inspections. Creates a download package of all the inspections stored in the project's Inspections tool (see Inspections).
- Meetings. Creates a download package containing all the project's meeting data from the Meetings tool (see Meetings).
- Observations. Creates a download package of all the observations in the Observations tool (see Observations).
- Payment Applications. Creates a download package containing all the project's payment applications (see Create a Payment Application).
- Photos. Creates a download package containing all of the project photos stored in the Photos tool (see Photos).
- Potential Change Orders. Creates a download package containing all of the Potential Change Orders (PCOs) on a project. PCOs can be created with the Prime Contract tool (see Create a Potential Change Order (PCO)) or from a change evente (see Create a Prime PCO from a Change Event).
- Punch List. Creates a download package containing all of the project's punch list items (see Create a Punch List Item).
- RFIs. Creates a download package containing all of the Requests for Information (RFIs) on the project (see Create an RFI).
- RFQs. Creates a download package containing all of the Requests for Quotes (RFQs) on the project (see Create RFQs).
- Specifications. Creates a download package containing the project's specifications (see Specifications).
- Submittals. Creates a download package containing the project's submittals (see Submittals). If your company has opted to disable the Number Submittals by Spec Section option (see Request to Disable Number Submittals by Spec Section), spec sections numbers will not be download with the submittal items.
- Transmittals. Creates a download package containing the project's transmittals (see Transmittals).
- Click Extract.
Note: You can continue working in Procore during the extraction process and you can also run multiple extracts during a single session. When the extraction process is complete, the system sends you an email notification that contains any of the available download links. You can also use the download links in the Extracts page as described in the next step.
- Choose from these options in the Download Link column:
- If there is data to download, click the Download link that appears.
- If there is no data to download, a "No Data to Extract." message appears.
The Extracts will remain in the log indefinitely unless you or another 'Admin' level user deletes it. See Delete an Extract.
Delete an Extract
There are two ways to delete an extract:
- Click red X next to an extract.
- Click the Delete All link at the top of the page.
Deleting an extract permanently removes it from Procore.