To submit a request to Procore to import a list of users to your company's Directory tool.
During the Procore implementation process (or at the beginning of a new project), a member of the Procore team can import your user data to the company's Directory tool. To request an import, a user with 'Admin' level permissions to the company's Directory tab will need to complete these steps:
- Download the import template. Use the XLSX template below to gather the user information that you want to import into your company's Directory tool.
- Update the template with the user information that you want to import. It is important to follow the instructions in this article, to prevent delays, errors, or failures with the import process.
- Send an email request (and include the updated template as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For best results, review all of the information in this article and add as much information as possible to the template before submitting your import request.
After receiving your import data, your Procore point of contact reviews your submission to ensure the data is formatted properly and meets the import requirements. Your Procore point of contact then converts the XLSX file to the required Comma Separated Values (CSV) format and performs the import for you.
After the import process is complete, you can then log into Procore to validate that your data was imported as expected.
To collect your data, your organization's Procore Administrator must complete the following steps:
Download the User Import Template
- Download the import template: import-directory-users.xlsx
Note: For a complete list of import templates for all of the Procore tools, see Procore Import Templates.
- Open the XLSX file in Microsoft Excel.
The following is an illustration of the Excel workbook used to gather your import data.There are two worksheets:
- Sample Data. This worksheet contains sample data, instructions, links to helpful support articles, and general import guidelines.
- Add Data Here. You will enter the data you want to import in this worksheet, starting in cell A2.
- Continue with Update the User Import Template and Send it to Procore.
Update the User Import Template and Send it to Procore
- Open the Microsoft Excel workbook.
- Review the instructions in the 'Sample Data' worksheet.
- When ready to enter your data, click the 'Add Data Here' worksheet.
- Complete the data entry as follows:
Tip! If you are working from an Excel spreadsheet that includes both the first and last name in a single cell, you must separate the names into separate cells in the Procore import template. See this article on the Office Support site for assistance Split Test Into Different Cells.
- Email the request for a user import to: email@example.com and add the file as an attachment.
Important! You will not be able to undo a user directory import, so it is imperative that the data that you submit to Procore for the import is accurate.
- After your Procore point of contact notifies you that the import is complete, continue with Validate the Import.
Validate the User Directory Import
- Navigate to the company's Directory tool.
- In the page that appears, validate that the imported contact records are displaying as expected.