To associate related items to a submittal package using the Project level Submittals tool.
When approvers and interested parties review a submittal package, it may be helpful for them to have all the information they need (e.g., bids, change orders, documents, drawings, punch items, RFIs, and more) to make informed decisions and take informed action.
In Procore, a Related Item is a link between two Procore objects. It is an option that's available in many Procore tools, such as Commitments, Documents, RFIs, Submittals, and Transmittals. For example, if you are creating a submittal, you might add a Procore drawing of the installation location or a photo of the item to be installed as a related item on the submittal. If you are adding a new punch item, you might link a Potential Change Order (PCO) or a Commitment Change Order (CCO) as a related item, so the subcontractor can view the costs associated with the punch item.
In the Submittals tool, you can also add related items to your submittal packages (see Create a Submittal Package). This helps you keep the information associated with your submittal package organized. It also provides responsible contractors and reviewers access to the information they may need in reference to the package.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To add or delete related items, 'Admin' level permission on the project's Submittals tool.
- Additional Information:
- For a selection to appear in the 'Type' menu, the corresponding tool must be an active tool on the project. See Add and Remove Tools from a Project.
- For a selection to appear in the 'Description' menu, you must be granted the appropriate permission to view that item in the corresponding Procore tool.
- Navigate the project's Submittals tool.
- Click Packages.
This reveals the Submittal Packages page.
- Locate the desired submittal package and click View.
This opens the submittal package in view mode.
- Click the Related Items tab.
- Next to the 'Related Items' table, click Edit.
This places the 'Related Items' table into edit mode.
- Add the related item to the package as follows:
Select an item type for the related item from this list. For example, if you want to add a bid sheet, select Bid. The selections available in this list will depend upon which Procore tool's are active tabs on the project. See Set the Active Tabs on a Project.
Select the appropriate item from the list. For example, if you are adding a bid sheet, a list of all the bid sheets for the project is available.
This date populates automatically with the current date.
Type any details about the related item.
- Click + Add.
- If the Add button does not appear on the page, you must go back and select a Type and Description
- You can add one related item per line item.
- You can add as many line items as desired.
- Click Save.
The system places the submittal back into view mode and your new item(s) will be listed the 'Related Items' tab of the submittal package.