ImportantIf your company's Procore Administrator has enabled Change Events in the Company Admin tool and added it to your Procore project's 'Project Tools' menu, you will NOT be able to create a potential change order from an RFI. Instead, your configured workflow requires you to follow these steps: Create a Change Event from an RFI.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's RFIs tool.
- The Change Events tool must be turned OFF in the Project Tools menu. If the Change Events tool is turned ON, Procore's workflow requires you to create a change event before you create change orders. See Create Change Events and Which Procore tools can I use to create a change event? In addition, you will NOT be able to create a potential change order from an RFI. See Create a Change Event from an RFI instead of the steps below.
- If you want to Create a Potential Change Order from an RFI, the project's Prime Contracts tool must be configured to use a multi-tier change order setting. See Configure the Number of Prime Contract Change Order Tiers.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
- Select the RFI from which you want to create the potential change order.
- Click Create Potential CO.
- The Create Potential CO button is only visible and available when the prerequisites above have been satisfied.
- The RFIs information is used to populate the fields in the potential change order.
- Add or edit information as needed.
- Enter a description.
- Add an existing change order request, create a new change order request, or do not attach a change order request.
- Add a change reason, who the request was received from, if there is a schedule impact, location, who a reference is, and any attachments. You can change the field change, paid in full, and void options now or later.
- Click Create to save the PCO without sending an email to members of the distribution list. Click Create and Email to save the PCO and send an email to members of the RFI distribution list.