To create a potential change order from an RFI in the project's RFIs tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the RFIs tool.
- Additional Information:
- If your company has enabled the Change Events tool, do not use the steps below. Instead, see Create a Change Event from an RFI.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
- Select the RFI from which you want to create the potential change order.
- Click Create Potential CO in the right pane (Note: The RFIs information is used to populate the fields in the potential change order).
- Add or edit information as needed.
- Enter a description.
- Add an existing change order request, create a new change order request, or do not attach a change order request.
- Add a change reason, who the request was received from, if there is a schedule impact, location, who a reference is, and any attachments. You can change the field change, paid in full, and void options now or later.
- Click Create to save the PCO without sending an email to members of the distribution list. Click Create and Email to save the PCO and send an email to members of the RFI distribution list.