To close a punch list item once all the work for that item has been accepted.
Closing a punch list item is different from marking it as "Resolved" because it signifies that the reviewed and verified that the issue was resolved. While Assignees on a punch list item can mark an item as "Resolved," only users with 'Admin' level permissions can close a punch list item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Punch List tool.
- 'Standard' level users can only close punch list items that they have created.
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- Click Edit next to the item you want to close.
- Close the item by choosing one of the following options:
- Click Close Punch List Item
- Select 'Closed' from the status drop-down list and click Save.
Note: If the 'Closed' item is linked to a drawing, the Punch List icon will appear gray on the associated drawing.