To close a punch list item once all the work for that item has been accepted.
Closing a punch list item is different from marking it as "Resolved" because it signifies that the Punch Item Manger reviewed and verified that the issue was resolved. While Assignees on a punch list item can mark an item as "Ready for Review," only the Final Approver or an 'Admin' level user can the authority to close a punch list item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Punch List tool.
- A 'Standard' level Creator can only close punch list items that they have created when the item's status is in 'Draft,' and 'In Dispute.'
- A 'Standard' level Final Approver can only close punch list items when the item's status is marked as 'Ready to Close.'
- A punch list item's Final Approver has the authority to close the item. You can assign a default Final Approver to your Punch List Templates as well as in your Punch List Configuration Settings. See "Edit a Project Level Punch List Template" and "Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List" in the See Also section below.
- If a default Final Approver has not been set, Procore will automatically list the item's Creator as the Final Approver.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
View as: Superintendent
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- Click Edit next to the item you want to close.
- Close the item by choosing one of the following options:
- Click Close Punch List Item
- Select 'Closed' from the status drop-down list and click Save.
Note: If the 'Closed' item is linked to a drawing, the Punch List icon will appear gray on the associated drawing.