To create a payment application (pay app) for work completed, which can then be emailed to the owner.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' on the Prime Contract tool.
- You can only create a payment application if the status of the Prime Contract is either in the "Approved" or "Complete."
- When you enter a value for a payment application that is larger than the scheduled value, the payment application will be highlighted in red.
- You can only edit the billed amounts on the most recent payment application.
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contract tool.
- Click the Create Pay App button.
- Complete the form with the appropriate values.
- Period Start: Select a start date you are creating the payment application for.
- Period End: Select an end date you are creating the payment application for.
- Invoice #: Specify the invoice number associated with the pay app.
- Billing Date: Select the date you are requesting payment by.
- Percent Complete: Denotes the percent of work completed.
- Status: Select one of the following statuses: Draft, Under Review, Revise and Resubmit, or Approved. After creating the pay app, you can change the status to "Under Review" when it is ready for review and can update it to "Approved" or "Revise and Resubmit" accordingly.
- Commitment Billing Period: Select the the commitment billing period for the payment application.
Note: This is for reference only.
- Attachments: Attach any related documents (e.g. invoices, transmittals, etc.).
- Scroll down the page to view a preview of the pay app form under "Summary Preview".
- Click Create.
Edit Line Items
- Click the Detail sub tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- You can then fill out the following fields for effected line items:
- Work Completed (This Period): Enter in the dollar amount of work completed in the pay period you outlined when creating the pay app. If you want to enter a percentage value of work completed instead, click the calculator icon and enter the percentage of work completed and click Save. Procore will then translate that percentage of work completed into a dollar amount.
- Materials Presently Stored: Enter the dollar amount of materials presently stored on the job site or nearby storage facility that were not included in the costs for the "Work Completed" (D and E) columns. Please note that the values entered here will remain in this column on future pay apps until it is manually moved to Work Completed. See How do I Bill for Stored Materials? for more information.
- Work Retainage Retained This Period: Enter a percentage or dollar amount for work retainage retained this period. You can also set retainage on all line items by entering a value into the right sidebar and clicking Set.
- Materials Retainage Retained This Period: Enter a percentage or dollar amount for materials retainage retained this period. You can also set retainage on all line items by entering a value into the right sidebar and clicking Set.
- Work Retainage $ Released This Period: Enter a dollar amount of work retainage released this period.
- Materials Retainage $ Released This Period: Enter a dollar amount of materials retainage released this period.
- (Optional) If you have any approved contract change orders, you can choose to add them to the pay app by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking the Add to Payment Application button. The entry and editing of the change orders will always occur at the line item level of detail. You can select a different level of detail for how change orders will be displayed on the detail page of the Payment Application when being viewed or exported from Procore. See Edit Advanced Settings Subtab in Prime Contract.
- Click the Save button at the top of the tab.
All changes will be reflected Contract Summary Report in the General subtab.